Thursday, September 17, 2009

Madison's 7th Birthday Wish


Maddie...right after she got her ears pierced!

So all month, we've been asking Maddie what she wanted for her 7th birthday. She tells us, "I WANT MY EARS PIERCED!" Huh? No, you're too young. "BUT ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE IT!" So what, if your friends jump off a cliff, are you going to jump off a cliff too? How many times did our parents tell us that? Ha!

So anyway, Carlos tries to scare her and describes the blood and gore of getting ears pierced (yeah, what does he know...) and that they have to use a shot needle to poke it through. (CRUEL, I KNOW!) For a few days she was scared, but surprised us by deciding that she still wants to go through with it. Her determination impressed us, so we had to backpedal and tell her how it doesn't hurt at all...it's just a little pinch (what do we know?) and we reluctantly agreed to let her get "it" done.

Let me just remind you all that I faint when I get shots (yes, it's called Post Traumatic Syndrome) so I was already feeling lightheaded when we got to Claires at Ala Moana. Incidentally, I scoped out the place the day before and made sure somebody "good" was working on Maddie's birthday. (They were probably making jokes behind my back after I left.)

One, two, three...POKE! It was done in a second. Maddie got both ears done at the same time. Carlos filmed it in a macabre-like fashion. My palms were sweating for her, but she was so brave. She was actually singing to the store music while she sat there! Right after it was done, she was a little shocked, but she had no tears and I could tell that she was trying to be brave in front of daddy by saying, "Mommy, I'm okay. It only hurts a little. I'm fine."

I had a headache afterward.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Time Flies!

Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker